- European Biodiesel Board (EBB)
- CONCAWE, the oil companies' European association for environment, health, and safety in oil refining
- Europia (European Petroleum Industry Association)
- ASFE (Alliance for Synthetic Fuels in Europe)
- Chemical Industry Federation of Finland
- Neste Oil's President & CEO has chaired the Federation’s Board since the beginning of 2013
- Finnish Petroleum and Biofuels Association
- A Neste Oil representative is the Vice Chair of the Federation's Board
- Cleantech Finland
- CLEEN (Cluster for Energy and Environment)
- European Energy Forum (EEF), an organization promoting open discussion and development in the enrgy industry
- Canadian Renewable Fuels Association (CRFA), an organization promoting the use of renewable fuels in traffic
- European Committee of Standardization (CEN)
- ASTM International (former American Society for Testing and Materials)
- Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF), an organization promoting safety of marine transportation and environmental responsibility.
Sustainable production and use of feedstocks
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), an international organization and certification system promoting palm oil's sustainable production and use.
- Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), an organization promoting sustainable use of biomass and biomaterials
- Round Table on Responsible Soy (RTRS), an organization promoting responsible soy production
In addition to various organizations, Neste Oil also participates in a number of joint initiatives every year.
- European Aviation Biofuels Flightpath
- aimed at increasing the use of aviation biofuel to 2 million t/a by 2020.
- ITAKA (Initiative Towards Sustainable Kerosene for Aviation)
- aimed at promoting the commercialization and use of renewable aviation fuel in Europe.
- A Dutch ‘Bioport for jet fuels in the Netherlands’ initiative aimed at promoting the use of sustainably produced biofuel in aviation.
- Neste Oil is one sponsor company in a joint initiative on developing systematic ways of improving the total safety of personnel in companies.
Sustainability and environmental initiatives
- Voluntary initiative ‘Responsible Care’ by the global chemical industry aimed at supporting sustainable development in the industry.
- Climate Leadership Council
- The purpose of the Council is to affect the Finnish businesses' and research organizations' competitiveness and ability to respond to the threats posed by climate change and the scarcity of natural resources.