|Improve the profitability of the business by increasing capacity of refineries, extending the customer base, and opening new markets.
- Sales volumes rose to 2.1 (1.9) million tons.
- We started the sales of NEXBTL diesel in the Dutch, Malaysian, Luxembourg, Norwegian, and Lithuanian markets.
- Biofuel legislation advanced in Poland so that the opening of the market for NEXBTL can be expected in 2015.
- Utilization rate of renewable diesel production capacity reached 125%.
- We increased the logistical efficiency of renewable products through improved terminal solutions and planning of intercontinental transport.
- Boeing tested our renewable NEXBTL aviation fuel as a 15% blend.
- We will continue developing key market segments in all continents and provide solutions for growing biomandate requirements.
- Our aim is to increase our renewable diesel production capacity to 2.3 million tons by 2015 and to 2.6 million tons by 2017.
- We will bring biopropane to the markets in 2016.
- We continue improving logistics.
- We invest in developing renewable fuel solutions for the aviation industry.
|Flexible feedstock base and ensuring its sustainability and acceptability
- We added used cooking oil to our feedstock portfolio. The usage of waste and residue-based inputs increased to 2.57 (2.32) million tons. This accounted for approximately 62% (52) of total renewable feedstock usage.
- The European Commission and the Finnish Energy Authority approved Neste Oil's sustainability verification scheme (HVO Verification Scheme).
- We sold the first batch of NEXBTL diesel certified in accordance with our proprietary sustainability scheme.
- Our independent collaboration partner The Forest Trust (TFT) published the first report concerning mills supplying palm oil to Neste Oil and the surrounding plantations that are not included in our own supply chain, but which supply oil to the same mills from which we procure certified palm oil.
- 100% of the crude palm oil used by Neste Oil is certified and traced.
- Our aim is to reach the capability of utilizing 100% waste and residues as feedstock by 2017.
- We will continue to ensure the sustainability and acceptability of feedstock.
- We will maintain the 100% certification and traceability level for crude palm oil.
- We will continue the implementation and development of our own sustainability verification scheme.
- We will continue cooperation with TFT to develop sustainable operating models in the palm oil industry.
- We will develop the monitoring of social aspects, such as labor rights and human rights, in our supply chain.
|Commercialization of new product applications
- We decided to build a biopropane production unit in Rotterdam. The annual production volume of the unit is 30,000–40,000 tons, and the sales will begin in late 2016.
- We launched the renewable NEXBTL isoalkane, which can be utilized in diverse applications in the chemical industry.
- We promoted the adoption of renewable aviation fuels by taking part in the ITAKA project and the "Bioport for jet fuels in the Netherlands" initiative, aiming to support the commercialization and use of renewable aviation fuel.
- Our aim is to increase the business in global renewable raw material-based markets, such as bioplastics.
- We actively take part in the development of renewable aviation fuel solutions.